[yocto] Upgrading Yocto Project Version - To Rocko

Petter Mabäcker petter at technux.se
Tue Jan 9 08:12:57 PST 2018

Hi Vincent,

When you are talking about database, are you talking
about specific data from your generated project (such as the sstate
cache) or are you talking about data in your current poky folder? If you
are talking about project specific data I would recommend you create a
new project and build from scratch when doing such a large upgrade (Fido
--> Rocko), since a lot of stuffs have changed. For example
bblayers.conf looks different (meta-yocto renamed to meta-poky) and so
on. But if you have cusomizations done for fido you of course need
ensure that these changes are manually exported to the new Rocko based
project (for example point out custom layers in bblayers.conf and
MACHINE in local.conf after creating your new project).

If you are
afraid of wiping git changes, and you already have an existing poky git
clone you can just fetch the data (git fetch) then checkout the wanted
branch, tag or revision.

BR Petter

Vincent Chin Keong:

> How if I want to remain my database from
previous version? How can I export them?

> Warmest regards,

Vincent Kok

01/09/2018 01:55 PM, Kok, Vincent Chin Keong wrote:

>>> I was
wondering, how can I upgrade to Yocto version 2.4 (Rocko)? Do I just
remove the previous poky folder I downloaded and re-download a newer
version of poky and checkout the branch and tags?

>> The easiest is
to perform a clean clone of the poky repo, and check out the tag you
want.