[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW52’17 & WW01’18

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Jan 2 07:47:46 PST 2018

Current Dev Position: YP 2.5 M2 development

Next Deadline: YP 2.5 M2 cut off of 1/15/18

SWAT team rotation: Maxin -> Rebecca on Dec. 22, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Rebecca -> Cal on Dec. 29, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Cal -> Joshua on Jan. 5, 2018.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        Things have been slow over the holiday season but things should be back to normal by the end of this week.

·        The QA of YP 2.4.1 rc1 is complete.  See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW51_-_2017-12-21-_Full_Test_Cycle_-_2.4.1_rc1.

·        The QA of YP 2.3.3 rc1 is complete. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW51_-_2017-12-20-_Full_Test_Cycle_-_2.3.3_rc1.

·        For 2.3.3 and 2.4.1 we have some questions about performance issues which the QA process potentially identified and we need to investigate these before any release can be made.

·        The QA of YP 2.5 M1 rc1 is about 68% complete.  See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.5_QA_Status

·        The QA of YP 2.2.3 rc1 is about 24% complete. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.2_QA_Status.

·        The kvm apic hang is resolved for qemux86-64 with a workaround. The workaround doesn’t work for qemux86 but there is another patch pending to address this.

·        We keep seeing phantom “inode space” issues with the NFS setup on the autobuilder across all releases. I think we’re likely to give in and change the disk space monitoring on the infrastructure to ignore this as its breaking too many builds and likely not worth tracking down further.

·        There are other suspected repository concurrency issues on the infrastructure causing failures and we’ve disabled buildhistory to allow builds to work until that is resolved.

·        We’re hopeful with these changes in place we can get some kind of build stability back and have a better chance at merging patches again.

Planned upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.4.1 (Rocko) rc1 is out of QA, see above link.

YP 2.3.3 (Pyro) rc1 is out of QA, see above link.

YP 2.2.3 (Morty) rc1 is in QA, see above link.

Key YP 2.5 Dates are:

YP 2.5 M1 rc1 is in QA, see above link.

YP 2.5 M2 cut off of 1/15/18

YP 2.5 M2 release of 1/26/18

YP 2.5 M3 cut off of 2/19/18

YP 2.5 M3 release of 3/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 cut off of 4/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 release of 4/27/18

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2764 (last week 2719)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.5_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:                              (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com