[yocto] [Yocto][Meta-Raspberrypi] Yocto apt sources.list for Raspberry Pi

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Wed Feb 28 08:02:36 PST 2018

On 02/26/2018 04:14 PM, Laigui Qin wrote:
> I would like to think there is a well maintained Yocto/Poky repository
> somewhere in the world like the debian/Raspbian deb source to leverage
> (build and maintain my own repo is not my purpose.) Looks like there is
> not such repo available...

Please consider that Yocto is not a distribution. It's a toolkit for
creating distributions aimed at embedded use cases. While Poky is a
reference distro created using Yocto components, it has a fairly limited
set of supported hardware, which is mostly various QEMU emulator
machines. Almost anyone else will have a different machine, different
distribution features, and various other customizations. So any attempt
to provide an 'offical' package feed from Yocto itself will just cause
confusion and breakage, and will tie up the limited manpower we have
even more.

Alex