[yocto] [Yocto][Meta-Raspberrypi] Yocto apt sources.list for Raspberry Pi

Josef Holzmayr holzmayr at rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Sun Feb 25 23:38:40 PST 2018

Hello!

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 09:38:52PM +0800, Laigui Qin wrote:
> I am building the GNU Linux with Yocto for Raspberry Pi using meta-raspberrypi. Everything is good (with help of google search and yocto manual) until I added apt support to the image. As I am a little confused which Repository URL I should put in the sources.list, I tried the Raspbian repository. However, when I do apt-get upgrade I got following error which is not expected. Any idea on this effort?

Unless you are planning to run your own repository server: none. There
is certainly support for doing that, look for topic on "package feeds"
in the Yocto documentation.

Your snippet below looks like you are trying to use the raspbian
repositories, which certainly won't work. You have to understand that
what you have built is *NOT* a replacement for a raspbian installation
that will just fill in - it is a whole separated, custom distribution
and in no way related to any package repository thats out there. So if
you actually want to use those, then you have also to use their base
distribution.

If you want to stick with Yocto, your two choices are:
- just include everything you need in the build. (thats the common one)
- run a custom package feed server (can be done, but probably you're
  better off with already existing solutions then.

Greetz Joe

> root at raspberrypi-cm3:~# sudo apt-get upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Calculating upgrade... Done
> The following packages have been kept back:
>   base-files cpp diffutils g++ gcc git initscripts libcap2 libgcc1 libgmp10 libsysfs2 libusb-1.0-0 libwbclient0 netcat ntp procps samba-common usbutils
>   busybox ethtool sysfsutils
> 3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 18 not upgraded.
> Need to get 562 kB of archives.
> After this operation, 1114 kB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> Get:1 http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian wheezy/main armhf busybox armhf 1:1.20.0-7 [438 kB]
> Get:2 http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian wheezy/main armhf ethtool armhf 1:3.4.2-1 [98.7 kB]
> Get:3 http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian wheezy/main armhf sysfsutils armhf 2.1.0+repack-2 [24.5 kB]
> Fetched 562 kB in 5s (96.0 kB/s)
> (Reading database ... 16225 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to unpack .../busybox_1%3a1.20.0-7_armhf.deb ...
> Unpacking busybox (1:1.20.0-7) over (1.24.1-r0) ...
> dpkg-deb (subprocess): unable to execute tar (tar): No such file or directory
> dpkg-deb: error: subprocess tar returned error exit status 2
> dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/ethtool_1%3a3.4.2-1_armhf.deb (--unpack):
>  subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
> dpkg-deb (subprocess): unable to execute tar (tar): No such file or directory
> dpkg-deb: error: subprocess tar returned error exit status 2
> dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/sysfsutils_2.1.0+repack-2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
>  subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/ethtool_1%3a3.4.2-1_armhf.deb
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/sysfsutils_2.1.0+repack-2_armhf.deb

———————————————
Josef Holzmayr
Software Developer Embedded Systems

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548