[yocto] behind corporate proxy

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:23:33 PST 2018

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 5:11 AM, Staffa, Christian AVL/DE
<Christian.Staffa at avl.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have got a problem with proxy settings and the yocto build system.
>
> I already read the ‘Behind a Proxy Guide’ and generally it works.
>
> But when it comes to build the linux-yocto package the buildsystem tries to
> clone a repo with the git:// scheme.
>
> This results in connecting to git.yoctoproject.org:9418 but this port is
> blocked by the corporate proxy and causes the build to fail.
>
> Had anyone the same problem? Is there a way to fetch the repo via http(s)?

Yes, many people have the same problem.

If you can update to OE 2.3 or above then this commit should provide a
fallback to fetch the repo using https:

  http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=abb8895d5b42a5dc171360a261a2652acd14ee7e

If you can't update, that patch should be an easy backport to older releases.