[yocto] behind corporate proxy

philippe gislard philippe.gislard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 05:45:17 PST 2018

> Hi all
>

> I have got a problem with proxy settings and the yocto build system.
>

> I already read the ‘Behind a Proxy Guide’ and generally it works.
>
> But when it comes to build the linux-yocto package the buildsystem tries to
> clone a repo with the git:// scheme.
>
> This results in connecting to git.yoctoproject.org:9418 but this port is
> blocked by the corporate proxy and causes the build to fail.
>

> Had anyone the same problem? Is there a way to fetch the repo via http(s)?
>

> Regards
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

I had the same kind of problem.
I fixed it this way (not sure it's the best solution):
===
$ cat ./meta/recipes-bsp/firmware-imx_%.bbappend
SRC_URI_remove =
"git://git.freescale.com/imx/imx-firmware.git;branch=${SRCBRANCH};destsuffix=${S}/git"
SRC_URI_append =
"git://git.freescale.com/imx/imx-firmware.git;branch=${SRCBRANCH};destsuffix=${S}/git;protocole=http"
===

Note: the git server must support the http (or maybe https) protocole.

--
Philippe GISLARD