[yocto] How to do_populate_sdk without QEMU

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 10:04:49 PST 2018

On 2/5/18 2:19 AM, dhkoo wrote:
> Hello.
>

> I'm working with Rocko 2.4.1, and as my work reaches to the last stage,
> I'm beating my head to distribute SDK for my colleagues.
> I found that command "do_populate_sdk" can make SDK environment easily,
> but the problem is SDK's capacity is too huge.
>

> Of course there's many reasons for that, but I guess the QEMU is one of
> the reason.(I suppose many binaries are used for QEMU.)
>
> We has no plan to use QEMU, so I want exclude QEMU from my SDK.
>

> but I have no idea where to begin.
> Is there any idea to exclude QEMU?

the SDK uses qemu for quite a bit of tasks internally, some recipes
depend on it for builds too for things which cant be done in cross
compile friendly ways. I think removing qemu might be a deep cut that
SDK wont survive for you. If you are looking for reducing the size you
might want to look at using a smaller image e.g. based on
core-image-minimal, if thats also too big for you. I would suggest look
elsewhere e.g. https://toolchains.free-electrons.com/