[yocto] Remove nfs packages from image

Anuj Mittal anuj.mittal at intel.com
Fri Feb 2 02:22:16 PST 2018

On 02/02/2018 04:06 PM, Marek Słomiany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using yocto rocko, with custom distro (based on poky), and custom
> image inheriting core-image bbclass.
> I was asked to get rid of nfs-client and nfs-server (and generaly
> nfs-anything) from our image. If I'm right it comes with core-image.bbclass.
> I have tried using IMAGE_INSTALL_remove, DISTRO_FEATURES_remove,
> IMAGE_FEATURES_remove and few others in different places (like: image
> recipe, build/conf/local.conf) and there was no outcome, the nfs
> server/client were always there.
> Packages I was trying to point in those *_remove commands where "fns"
> "nfs-utils" "nfs-server" "nfs-client" and "packagegroup-core-nfs".
> Could you please give me a hint how to get rid of those?

I think it gets included by default using DISTRO_FEATURES_DEFAULT. So
using DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = " nfs" should work. However, you may also
want to define your own set of values for your distro for DISTRO_FEATURES.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#ref-features-distro

Thanks,
Anuj