[yocto] Remove nfs packages from image

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Fri Feb 2 02:16:46 PST 2018

On 02/02/2018 10:06 AM, Marek Słomiany wrote:
> I am using yocto rocko, with custom distro (based on poky), and custom
> image inheriting core-image bbclass.
> I was asked to get rid of nfs-client and nfs-server (and generaly
> nfs-anything) from our image. If I'm right it comes with core-image.bbclass.
> I have tried using IMAGE_INSTALL_remove, DISTRO_FEATURES_remove,
> IMAGE_FEATURES_remove and few others in different places (like: image
> recipe, build/conf/local.conf) and there was no outcome, the nfs
> server/client were always there.
> Packages I was trying to point in those *_remove commands where "fns"
> "nfs-utils" "nfs-server" "nfs-client" and "packagegroup-core-nfs".
> Could you please give me a hint how to get rid of those?

You can run bitbake -e <image> and check the output to see how the nfs
package group gets pulled into the image. Generally, you need to make
sure nfs-client and nfs-server are not in IMAGE_FEATURES, and define it
at the source, rather than try to patch it after the fact via
_remove-type hacks. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.

Alex