[yocto] x86_64 kernel with i586 userland plus SDK?

Richard Weinberger richard.weinberger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 06:00:45 PST 2018

Bruce,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 2:54 PM Bruce Ashfield
<bruce.ashfield at windriver.com> wrote:
> > Yes, it builds with i686-poky-linux. :-(
>
> It's Monday, and I've only had half a coffee .. so bear with me. When
> I see i686, I'd expect that without -m32 it is generating 64bit by
> default .. so there's definitely a -m32 sneaking into the definition of
> CC for the kernel build ?

If I understand the problem correctly, the root of the problem is that yocto
"degrades" to i686.

When I set DEFAULTTUNE to i586 for a 64bit machine I'd expect
TARGET_SYS still being x86_64-poky-linux.
But it is i686-poky-linux.

> Do you have a dump of the kernel build line that I could see ?

Sure, let me trigger a rebuild, currently my yocto is in limbo-state. :)
So might take some time.

--
Thanks,
//richard