[yocto] Relase or debug by PACKAGECONFIG or MY_APP_VAR?

Mauro Ziliani mauro at faresoftware.it
Thu Dec 13 00:15:33 PST 2018

Hi all.

I have an application made with cmake and qt5 by the recipe my-app.bb

To compile the app in release mode I need set

EXTRA_OECMAKE + = " -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release "

while in debug mode I need to set

EXTRA_OECMAKE + = " -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug "

I defined 2 image recipes: one for production (Release) and one for
testing (Debug)

my-system.bb

my-system-debug.bb

Both my-system.bb and my-system-debug.bb have

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " my-app "

But for my-system-debug.bb I'd like to set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug for
my-app.bb

How can I do that?

Now I try to define my-app.bb the variable

MY_APP_BUILD_TYPE ?= "Release"

EXTRA_OECMAKE + = " -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=${MY_APP_BUILD_TYPE} "

And in my-system-debug.bb I set

MY_APP_BUILD_TYPE = "Debug"

Or I need to use PACKAGECONFIG?

Best regards,