[yocto] [OE-core] FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLE / fs-perms.txt

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Dec 5 09:45:42 PST 2018

On 12/5/18 11:12 AM, madoga wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am trying to configure my entire filesystem by using FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES
> variable pointing to my custom fs-perms.txt, but it does not work. While I
> debugged package.bbclass looking for any error or failure, I found something
> strange with os.chmod & os.lchown methods (at function fix_perms):
>
>  # Fix the permission, owner and group of path
>
> def fix_perms(path, mode, uid, gid, dir):
>
>     if mode and not os.path.islink(path):
>
>         #bb.note("Fixup Perms: chmod 0%o %s" % (mode, dir))
>
>         os.chmod(path, mode)
>
>     # -1 is a special value that means don't change the uid/gid
>
>     # if they are BOTH -1, don't bother to lchown
>
>     if not (uid == -1 and gid == -1):
>
>         #bb.note("Fixup Perms: lchown %d:%d %s" % (uid, gid, dir))
>
>         os.lchown(path, uid, gid)
>
> I have hardcoded mode variable to “0333”, just for testing: os.chmod(path,
> 0o333)and I have seen that permissions were been configured into a “0711”. Also
> I am going to ask about os.lchown, due to my filesystem is still been owned by
> my user and my group.
>
>  Does anyone have an idea about what is going on? Has somebody have the same
> problem?

The commands run under the pseudo environment.  Pseudo captures these commands
and stores them in a database it can 'replay' at any time.

It only make them in the actual filesystem if permitted by the host.

You must look at the filesystem results in the live system (running pseudo) or
in the results of the build -- otherwise what you are looking at is not valid.

(BTW this is the reason that the commended code was left in that function.  In
case something is wrong, just remove the comments and you'll get notes on what
it is doing to help debug.  This shouldn't be necessary unless you are
developing the function itself.. but that is why they are there.)

--Mark