[yocto] [OE-core] FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLE / fs-perms.txt

madoga madoga at protonmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:12:28 PST 2018

Hello List,

I am trying to configure my entire filesystem by using FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES variable pointing to my custom fs-perms.txt, but it does not work. While I debugged package.bbclass looking for any error or failure, I found something strange with os.chmod & os.lchown methods (at function fix_perms):

 # Fix the permission, owner and group of path

def fix_perms(path, mode, uid, gid, dir):

    if mode and not os.path.islink(path):

        #bb.note("Fixup Perms: chmod 0%o %s" % (mode, dir))

        os.chmod(path, mode)

    # -1 is a special value that means don't change the uid/gid

    # if they are BOTH -1, don't bother to lchown

    if not (uid == -1 and gid == -1):

        #bb.note("Fixup Perms: lchown %d:%d %s" % (uid, gid, dir))

        os.lchown(path, uid, gid)

I have hardcoded mode variable to “0333”, just for testing: os.chmod(path, 0o333)and I have seen that permissions were been configured into a “0711”. Also I am going to ask about os.lchown, due to my filesystem is still been owned by my user and my group.

 Does anyone have an idea about what is going on? Has somebody have the same problem?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Mario