[yocto] Tracking changes in image

John, Maxin maxin.john at intel.com
Tue Aug 28 03:43:43 PDT 2018

Hi Bryan,

In addition to what Jon mentioned, “os-release” package in oe-core could help in tracking the operating system identification data in deployed images.

Since you are using u-boot, a customized logic involving environment variable in u-boot and accessing it from user-space with tools like “fw_printenv” available from u-boot-fwutils should help there.

Best Regards,
Maxin