[yocto] yocto jethro failed on gettext-native

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 06:27:44 PDT 2018

> Take a look at BIOS settings. I had a board that was overclocking based
> on CPU temperature, which failed miserably when you actually used all
> the cores. Disable such settings.

This has nothing to do with this particular problem. You simply, since
you over-clocked CPU, reached very quickly TDP1 (using all cores),
then reached beyond so-called TDP2 (since you did not setup CMOS
correctly), which initiated/triggered HW control called /PROCHOT... In
order to save CPU from physical damage, since you have reached very
close to Junction T.

Even if you did setup thresholds correctly, CPU probably went to
hold/blocked state for some limited time to throttle, in order to cool
down... Then these YOCTO failing effects might be visible, but I have
no idea how (most likely some overheated cores got thread of
execution/HyperThreads pipeline stale/lost)!?

My best guess, IMHO!

Zoran
_______