[yocto] Connecting to mysql/mariadb

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Tue Apr 17 09:50:35 PDT 2018

I've got a Yocto system that I'm working on that has mysql/mariadb configured but I can't connect to it with MySQL Workbench from another machine. mariadb is running, the network connection is live, but when I try to connect using MySQL Workbench I get an immediate "connection refused" response. I've tried user root, & mysql, same response. I'm using the default configuration from Yocto, so maybe I'm missing something that I should be configuring.

If anybody here has any experience with this I would appreciate any enlightenment you can give me.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Wilson-Lindberg