[yocto] How to patch a driver in Linux source tree

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Fri Apr 13 14:33:10 PDT 2018

Hi Jeremy,

I understand most of what you've got here, thanks, but I'm confused on the SRC_URI="<your kernel git path>…". Where should I look for the kernel git directory? I'm running Yocto with a mirror directory and that contains git directories for all of the major pieces, but I don't see one for the kernel. The kernel source is in tmp/work-shared/raspberrypi3/lernel-source, but that is not a git directory.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Greg Wilson-Lindberg

Principal Firmware Engineer | Sakura Finetek USA, Inc.

1750 W 214th Street | Torrance, CA 90501 | U.S.A.

T: +1 310 783 5075

F: +1 310 618 6902 | E: gwilson at sakuraus.com<mailto:gwilson at sakuraus.com>

www.sakuraus.com<http://www.sakuraus.com>

[cid:image002.png at 01D35D7D.179A7510]

[cid:image003.png at 01D35D7D.179A7510]

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged information that is intended only for the individual or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that Sakura Finetek USA, Inc. can arrange for proper delivery, and then please delete the message from your inbox. Thank you.