[yocto] How to patch a driver in Linux source tree

Jeremy Thien jeremyt at adtecinc.com
Fri Apr 13 12:17:52 PDT 2018

SRC_URI = "<your kernel git path> file://your-patch-path"

Then place the patch in files subdirectory.

So your tree should look something like:

<your layer>/recipes-kernel/linux/
  linux-raspberrypi_4.4.bbappend
  files/
    <your patch>

Instead of "files", it might be named "linux-raspberrypi".

Hope this helps,
Jeremy

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 2:41 PM Greg Wilson-Lindberg <GWilson at sakuraus.com>
wrote:

> I'm working on a raspberry pi3 Yocto build from Qt's boot2qt project, it's
> running Yocto version 2.2.3, and Linux kernel 4.4.50. I need to back port
> some changes to a file in drivers/net/can/spi. I confused about where and
> how I set up the patch file.
>
> I have a linux-raspberrypi_4.4.bbappend file. Do I put the patch file in
> that, and If so, how do I indicate the path to the file?
>

> Thanks for the help and enlightenment,
>
> Greg Wilson-Lindberg

Jeremy Thien
Director of Engineering | Adtec Digital