[yocto] ClamAV PCRE support

Tue Apr 3 08:43:02 PDT 2018

Hi Tom,

I never tried to get clamav to run, but please see my comments below.

On 2018-04-03 16:22, Tom Gibson wrote:
> Hi Anuj
>

>> This is happening because clamav is looking for pcre-config (uses it to find
>> pcre paths) and it's not able to locate it ...
>>
>> Even if you do get around this error by passing the path to configure, using
>> binconfig files to evaluate paths has been disabled in OE-core layer.
>>
>> So, you will have to fix the configure/pcre.m4 file in clamav to do this using
>> .pc file from libpcre instead.
>>

> Sorry, I'm not clear on which file needs fixing? I can only find pcre.m4 at
>
> 	<builddir>tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/clamav/0.99.2-r0/git/m4/reorganization/libs/pcre.m4
>
> Isn't this generated during build? I'm sorry I'm also not clear on what needs changing, where can I find the correct .pc file for libpcre?

I guess Anuj has a much better understanding about ClamAv and friends,
but in general:

.pc files are for the pkg-config utility[1][2].

You might want to try to compile libpcre and clamav natively on your
target board. From there I would try to "steal" the relevant information
and feed it back into the recipe(s).

[1] https://linux.die.net/man/1/pkg-config
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pkg-config

Also I guess that the file you need to fix is:

./m4/reorganization/libs/pcre.m4

with the input of whatever libpcre has in the libpcre.pc... or so file.

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom

Happy hunting,