[yocto] ClamAV PCRE support

Tom Gibson tom.gibson at csoftware.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 06:22:15 PDT 2018

Hi Anuj

Thanks for your e-mail.

I have removed the reference to "libpcre2" in the IMAGE_INSTALL variable, I assume I should still include the reference to "pcre" in packageconfig as above.

> >     Unfortunately when I run bitbake I now get a configure error similar
> >     to the following:
> >

> >     configure: error: cannot locate libpcre2 or libpcre at
> >
> > <builddir>/tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/clamav/0.99.3-
> r0/re
> > cipe-sysroot/usr/lib
> >

> This is happening because clamav is looking for pcre-config (uses it to find
> pcre paths) and it's not able to locate it ...
>
> Even if you do get around this error by passing the path to configure, using
> binconfig files to evaluate paths has been disabled in OE-core layer.
>
> So, you will have to fix the configure/pcre.m4 file in clamav to do this using
> .pc file from libpcre instead.

Sorry, I'm not clear on which file needs fixing? I can only find pcre.m4 at

	<builddir>tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/clamav/0.99.2-r0/git/m4/reorganization/libs/pcre.m4

Isn't this generated during build? I'm sorry I'm also not clear on what needs changing, where can I find the correct .pc file for libpcre?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Tom