[yocto] SocketCan support for Yocto

Subramanian Ramachandran SRamachandran at agjunction.com
Thu Sep 21 15:11:44 PDT 2017

Hi Yocto Team,

I am using a custom Yocto linux distribution for my project and am interested in implementing socket can support for it.

I understand that socketcan is a kernel feature and needs to be included at build time while using the bitbake/toaster toolset.

The default yocto distribution of Krogoth I used does not contain socketcan by default. What flag do I need to enable to add socketcan support in the kernel? What is the variable I need to use in the bitbake/toaster environment to do this?  - I have already tried adding libsocketcan and can-utils to the image install append variable in toaster and it has not helped to incorporate socket can support.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Subbu

Disclaimer: This message (and any other messages in this email thread) contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of AgJunction Inc and its subsidiaries. It is intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.