[yocto] Can't find Python oe package

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Sep 18 01:50:19 PDT 2017

Aah. There was a very weird bug where py3 was dropping .pyc files around
that was upsetting py2.  The solution is not pretty and it only impacts
people who downgrade in a git repo.

A fresh clone should solve it, or do git clean -Xn to list files that git
is ignoring and can be deleted (just -X will delete) them.  I suspect
they'll be a load of .pyc files in meta/lib/oe/ and Py2 can't import them
(because this is another instance of where the py2/py3 migration was a
disaster).

Ross