[yocto] Can't find Python oe package

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 17 18:16:20 PDT 2017

I thought this was a morty->pyro upgrade issue, but trying morty again, on
a freshly installed Ubuntu system, didn't change anything. In
meta/classes/patch.bbclass, patch_do_patch() is barfing when it tries to
import oe.patch. I carefully reinstalled poky, meta-intel, and
meta-openembedded from git, and I get this error, and a bunch more related
to the oe package. The package is there, in poky/meta/lib/oe, so why isn't
it being found? Am I supposed to have a non-empty PYTHONPATH somehow? What
kind of misconfiguration could cause this? This worked on morty before I
had to do a fresh Ubuntu install, so I doubt it's anything in my own
simple layers.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com