[yocto] Best practices when for script recipes.

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 14 22:48:59 PDT 2017

> From: Einar Vading
>
> If I have one or a few shell scripts with their own recipe. Do I make
> a git and use the git from the recipe or do I just add the scripts to
> a files directory and install from there?

A recipe should fetch from something other than a files directory
accompanying the recipe if it's large, and you don't want every user of
the layer containing that recipe to have it unless they specifically
include that package. Even then, it only needs to be a git repo if you
want it under version control--FTP is also a valid source.

But in your case, what the recipe needs is tiny, so there's no reason not
to include it with the recipe in a files directory. That's a completely
routine thing to do.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com