[yocto] The differences between rpm 4.x and rpm 5.x in Morty (Poky 2.2)

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Sep 4 07:33:05 PDT 2017

On 4 September 2017 at 14:25, Zoran Stojsavljevic <
zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I achieve this for Morty? I know that I need to place DNF recipes
> into recipes-devtools/.
>
> Where should I place rpm 4.x, so it'll have only DNF to be dependent from
> it?

There were about 30 patches involved in the smart to DNF migration and
you'd need to backport most of them if you wanted to use dnf with morty.

If you *need* to use Morty then you'll have to use RPM+Smart (or dpkg, or
opkg).  If you want to use RPM+DNF then upgrading to Pyro is the only
sensible way.

Ross