[yocto] [Yocto] Checking sstate mirror is hanging at 100%

Vineeth Karumanchi VINEETHC at xilinx.com
Mon Oct 30 20:52:22 PDT 2017

Yes, I see continuous retry of wget of same sstate files.
With -DD I see the below messages  for every try:

DEBUG: checkstatus: trying again
DEBUG: checkstatus: trying again
DEBUG: checkstatus: trying again
DEBUG: checkstatus: trying again
DEBUG: checkstatus: trying again

>Or are you just seeing
> timeouts for many fetches (which will eventually complete)? Note that you
> can reduce the wget timeout by setting your own value for
> "FETCHCMD_wget". See bitbake/lib/bb/fetch2/wget.py for the default value
> - use that as a starting point for your modification.

No fetch failure error, Just hanging at 100%.

I did some more analysis:
My network needs proxy to access any site.

To validate a URL, bitbake/lib/bb/fetch2/__init__.py:  urllib.parse.urlparse(uri) and checking for netloc.
This is returning true without proxy being set, but the same uri is not establishing connection without proxies.

bitbake is thinking it as a valid  and keep retrying without any errors.

Thanks
Vineeth