[yocto] [Yocto] Checking sstate mirror is hanging at 100%

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 12:49:16 PDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 2:37 AM, Alexander Kanavin
<alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On 10/30/2017 07:54 AM, Vineeth Karumanchi wrote:
>
>> In this case i would expect bitbake to "check for sstate mirrors" for some
>> time and rebuild from scratch. Is there any approach to over come this ?
>
> The approach is to fix your infrastructure so that fetching from network
> doesn't fail. We've gotten a similar request recently for enabling 'soft
> sstate cache failure', and RP is firmly against it:
>
> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2017-August/141593.html

It looks like the logic in the wget fetcher retries once, so if it's
getting stuck then that seems like a genuine bug.

Vineeth, are you sure it's really continuously retrying? Or are you
just seeing timeouts for many fetches (which will eventually
complete)? Note that you can reduce the wget timeout by setting your
own value for "FETCHCMD_wget". See bitbake/lib/bb/fetch2/wget.py for
the default value - use that as a starting point for your
modification.