[yocto] How /etc/shadow packed into my final image?

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 07:02:35 PDT 2017

Hello Chen,

Very interesting answer you did give on this email thread... I have learned
something useful, indeed. :-)

I did try what you have suggested on target, but also, out of curiosity, on
the host (Fedora 26).

And here is what I have on the host (CLI transcript follows):

[user at localhost modules]$ uname -r
4.13.8-200.fc26.x86_64
[user at localhost modules]$ rpm -qa | grep shadow
shadow-utils-4.3.1-3.fc26.x86_64
[user at localhost modules]$ rpm -q --scripts shadow
package shadow is not installed
[user at localhost modules]$ rpm -q --scripts shadow-utils
[user at localhost modules]$

I was, after all, surprised (expected the same/similar). Any idea why this
is different?

Should be the same/similar. I'll investigate further the host problem
(seems, something/some package is missing/not installed).

Thank you,
Zoran