[yocto] How /etc/shadow packed into my final image?

Bacheh Karaji bachehkaraji at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 00:30:59 PDT 2017

OH! Thank you! I had forgotten about that.

    On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:22 AM, ChenQi <Qi.Chen at windriver.com> wrote:

  On 10/24/2017 07:58 PM, Bacheh Karaji wrote:

 Hi,
  I wanted to modify the content of /etc/shadow, but don't know how /etc/shadow files is packed into final image.
  Can anybody how it is packed and way to modify it? Thanks

 The file is created in postinst of the shadow package.

 Codes are like below:
 root at qemux86-64:~# rpm -q --scripts shadow
 postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
 # shadow - postinst
     if [ "x$D" != "x" ]; then
       rootarg="--root $D"
     else
       rootarg=""
     fi

     pwconv $rootarg || exit 1
     grpconv $rootarg || exit 1
 [snip]

 There are several ways to modify the file, depending on your purpose.
 If you just want to modify/add/delete user/group in recipe, please try to make use of useradd*.bbclass.
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.3.2/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-classes-useradd

 If you want to do user/group operation in conf file, please try to make use of extrausers.bbclass.
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.3.2/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-classes-extrausers

 The above should be basically enough.

 Best Regards,
 Chen Qi