[yocto] conflicts between attempted installs of base-files-3.0.14-r89.prsg_x86_base and procps-3.3.12-r0.corei7_64

Vivek Berodhia vivek.berodhia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 22:57:10 PDT 2017

Thanks Alex,

both "base-files" and "procps" are providing sysctl.conf. I looked at the
sysctl.conf provided by "procps" packages, I did not feel its very
important.

I think we can ask yocto to skip this. We can do this by modifying
procps_*.bb file

After removing below two lines from procps_*.bb, i have not seen that issue.

*"**CONFFILES_${PN} = "${sysconfdir}/sysctl.conf"*

*"install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/sysctl.conf ${D}${sysconfdir}/sysctl.conf"*

Thanks and Regards,
Vivek Kumar

--
Vivek Kr. Berodhia