[yocto] conflicts between attempted installs of base-files-3.0.14-r89.prsg_x86_base and procps-3.3.12-r0.corei7_64

Alex Kiernan alex.kiernan at hivehome.com
Thu Oct 19 00:51:37 PDT 2017

On 19 October 2017 at 08:19, Vivek Berodhia <vivek.berodhia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Yocto Project development, I am building core-image-minimal
> with meta-secure-core for x86 platform. But facing issue in do_rootfs.
> Issue may be simple but i have not found any solution after google a lot.
> Please suggest where should i make changes, so that it will accept both
> extension or generate all the files with same extension.
>
> Main Error snippet:
>
> Error: Transaction check error:
>   file /etc/sysctl.conf conflicts between attempted installs of
> base-files-3.0.14-r89.prsg_x86_base and procps-3.3.12-r0.corei7_64

Something's creating /etc/sysctl.conf as part of base-files - check your
base-files appends to see where it's coming from as I can't see it in that
recipe upstream (though I'm looking at master not pyro).

--
Alex Kiernan

--
hivehome.com <http://www.hivehome.com>

Hive | London | Cambridge | Houston | Toronto
The information contained in or attached to this email is confidential and
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to which it is addressed. It
may contain information which is confidential and/or covered by legal
professional or other privilege. The views expressed in this email are not
necessarily the views of Centrica plc, and the company, its directors,
officers or employees make no representation or accept any liability for
their accuracy or completeness unless expressly stated to the contrary.
Centrica Connected Home Limited (company no: 5782908), registered in
England and Wales with its registered office at Millstream, Maidenhead
Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 5GD.