[yocto] .config moved as .config.old

Amit Gondaliya am.gondaliya007 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 15 07:48:33 PDT 2017

Hello,
I am adding my own machine layer (meta-layer) into the yocto.
I did the entire work able to compile to kernel and u-boot. when I tried to give my own defconfig file, yocto is not taking that defconfig ( I used it in daisy now upgrading the yocto to pyro). My defconfig file is shown in .config.old instead of .config
would you help me what did i do wrong.
defconfig File is under files folder where recipe is resided and using SRC_URI variable to defconfig.
also included do_configure_prepend(){                cp <defconfig> to {WORKDIR}/defconfig
}
Help will be appreciated
thanksAmit Gondaliya