[yocto] Yocto Image with custom directory layout

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Oct 13 01:47:25 PDT 2017

On 12/10/2017 20:47, Ayoub Zaki wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 12.10.2017 20:34, Josef Holzmayr wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On 12.10.2017 19:07, Ayoub Zaki wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I would like to generate an image that contains a custom directories
>>> layout for expl:
>>>

>>> foo/
>>> ├── bar1
>>> │   └── bar2
>>> │       ├── config
>>> │       └── data
>>> └── work
>>>      └── var
>>>          └── lib
>>>              ├── config
>>>              └── data
>>>
>>> It should contains only those directories an nothing else, is there
>>> anyway to achieve that ? without using ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND.
>>
>> Should be possible if your image installs only your specific recipes
>> that populate those directories. Means: no packagegroup-core-boot, no
>> base-passwd, no.... -> then nothing should bring along other directories.
> I tried that but it does pull other packages even if I set in my image:
>
> IMAGE_FEATURES = ""
> IMAGE_LINGUAS = ""
> PACKAGE_INSTALL = "my-layout-recipe"

It looks like you inherit "core-image" instead of just "image". I can
confirm that this work, I have this simple recipe:

# Copyright (C) 2017 Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de>
# Released under the MIT license (see COPYING.MIT for the terms)

DESCRIPTION = "Image with user processes"
LICENSE = "CLOSED"
SECTION = "Application"

inherit image

IMAGE_INSTALL = " \
	projects-firmware \
        "

And project firmware has just the layout I want.

Regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de