[yocto] Yocto Image with custom directory layout

Josef Holzmayr holzmayr at rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Thu Oct 12 11:53:48 PDT 2017

Hi

On 12.10.2017 20:47, Ayoub Zaki wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 12.10.2017 20:34, Josef Holzmayr wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On 12.10.2017 19:07, Ayoub Zaki wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I would like to generate an image that contains a custom directories
>>> layout for expl:
>>>

>>> foo/
>>> ├── bar1
>>> │   └── bar2
>>> │       ├── config
>>> │       └── data
>>> └── work
>>>      └── var
>>>          └── lib
>>>              ├── config
>>>              └── data
>>>
>>> It should contains only those directories an nothing else, is there
>>> anyway to achieve that ? without using ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND.
>>
>> Should be possible if your image installs only your specific recipes
>> that populate those directories. Means: no packagegroup-core-boot, no
>> base-passwd, no.... -> then nothing should bring along other directories.
> I tried that but it does pull other packages even if I set in my image:
>
> IMAGE_FEATURES = ""
> IMAGE_LINGUAS = ""
> PACKAGE_INSTALL = "my-layout-recipe"
>
> Regards

Probably you're inheriting from some more complex image class that pulls
in the undesired packages. Have you already checked bitbake -e to see
how the variables get expanded?

Greetz

--
Josef Holzmayr
Software Developer Embedded Systems

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548