[yocto] How to use same user in two recipes?

Fabien Lahoudere fabien.lahoudere at collabora.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 14:30:03 PDT 2017

Hi

I want to use the same user in two different recipe.
I create the user in recipe A.bb and it works fine.
Now I want to use the same user in B.bb so I add DEPENDS = "A" thinking that sysroot will be
populated with A.bb users.

But when I bitbake the recipe, user is not found.
I conclude that I have to use USERADD_* in each recipe, right?

What happen if I use different USERADD_PARAM_${PN} in each recipe?

I also try to use EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS but without success?

Is there a way to populate sysroot with users?

Thanks

--
Fabien