[yocto] Replacing Openssl with a custom version?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 10 14:19:28 PDT 2017

Hi Ryan,

On Wednesday, 11 October 2017 7:37:02 AM NZDT Ryan Pabis (pabisr) wrote:
> I’m trying to build, link and install our Cisco version of ssl.  And I’ve
> been able to compile and link it, however I don’t understand how to install
> our cisco version INSTEAD of openssl.

The easiest way would be to have your recipe add "openssl" (and possibly
"openssl10" in master / upcoming 2.5 release) to PROVIDES i.e.

PROVIDES += "openssl openssl10"

Then, in your configuration (distro config or inc file required from there
typically) you would add this assuming your custom openssl recipe were called
openssl-cisco:

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_openssl = "openssl-cisco"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_openssl10 = "openssl-cisco"

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton