[yocto] How to add support for "usb WIFI dongle"?

Jerry Lian jerry.lian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 08:00:21 PST 2017

How can we tell whether "ipw2x00" is driver or firmware?
* I check wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open-source_wireless_drivers
* It seems that "ipw2x00" IS a driver, right?

* (And logically, we should not be required to select firmware, right?)
* (I mean: logically, if we select the driver, yocoto should select
corresponding firmware automatically for us, right?)

Thanks!