[yocto] rpm/dnf issues when building an SDK

Tobias Olausson TOlausson at luxoft.com
Tue Nov 28 07:01:10 PST 2017

Hey all,

Just for any future users that encounter the same issues, it's a bug in
utils.py for bitbake, for which there is a patch submitted here:
https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/144399/

Applying the patch as follows:
patch -d /path/to/poky -p1 <
/path/to/0001-bitbake-lib-bb-utils-fix-movefile-copy-to-dir-fallba.patch

Makes the SDK build succeed on all my machines.

//Tobias

On 11/13/2017 06:13 PM, Tobias Olausson wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have a weird issue when generating an SDK for the image I'm building.
> Somehow, I end up with the following errors:
>
> $ bitbake -c populate_sdk core-image-pelux-minimal
> ERROR: core-image-pelux-minimal-1.0-r0 do_populate_sdk: unable to place
> /home/vagrant/pelux_yocto/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-pelux-linux/core-image-pelux-minimal/1.0-r0/sdk/image/etc/rpmrc
> in final SDK location
> ERROR: core-image-pelux-minimal-1.0-r0 do_populate_sdk: unable to place
> /home/vagrant/pelux_yocto/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-pelux-linux/core-image-pelux-minimal/1.0-r0/sdk/image/etc/dnf/dnf.conf
> in final SDK location
>
> I have no idea why, and re-running the populate_sdk step succeeds
> without any tasks being run, and even after those errors, an sdk is
> produced, but I end up with 2 errors and a non-zero exit code. A quick
> check easily reveals that the files it wanted to place in "final SDK
> location" are non-existent, so the error as such makes sense.
>
> In my CI system I build this using vagrant with docker as the provider,
> and it's only then I notice this issue. When building locally (with
> docker or otherwise) there are no such issues. The CI system (and when I
> build locally) are ubuntu and debian, respectively. The error is present
> in the CI setup regardless of having rpm on the host machine or not.
>
> I couldn't find any info on other people having the same problem, and I
> start feeling stuck on this because it only fails in some environments,
> it seems.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tobias Olausson
> Software Engineer
>
> PELAGICORE | Experience Change
> http://www.pelagicore.com/
>
> Registered Office Gothenburg, Sweden
> Registration No. 556780-4199
>
> PELAGICORE a part of LUXOFT

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.