[yocto] snmp is not installed, only snmpd

Fabien Lahoudere fabien.lahoudere at collabora.co.uk
Thu Nov 23 06:29:20 PST 2017

On Thu, 2017-11-23 at 16:08 +0200, Ran Shalit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone knows how I can add snmp to yocto, I manage to have
> /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf , but not snmp.conf.

According to the recipe it seems that no conf files are provided for snmp.
snmp seems to be the client and maybe doesn't need snmp.conf.

> This is what I tried:
> I added CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "net-snmp net-snmp-server
> net-snmp-libs net-snmp-mibs" , yet snmp.conf is missing
>
> I also tried to restart snmp as following:
> root at imx6qsabresd:/etc/openvivoe# systemctl restart snmp.service
> Failed to restart snmp.service: Unit snmp.service not found.

I suppose that snmp is the client so you don't have a service to start the client.
Just use it in a command line.
try :
	# find / -name *snmp*

This command will locate all files containing snmp and will show you if snmp binaries are installed
or not.

--
Fabien