[yocto] snmp is not installed, only snmpd

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 06:08:34 PST 2017

Hello,

Does anyone knows how I can add snmp to yocto, I manage to have
/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf , but not snmp.conf.

This is what I tried:
I added CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "net-snmp net-snmp-server
net-snmp-libs net-snmp-mibs" , yet snmp.conf is missing

I also tried to restart snmp as following:
root at imx6qsabresd:/etc/openvivoe# systemctl restart snmp.service
Failed to restart snmp.service: Unit snmp.service not found.

But snmpd service seems to exist in image:
root at imx6qsabresd:/etc/openvivoe# systemctl restart snmpd.service

Thank you for any idea,
Ran