[yocto] Trying to filter out 2 strings from EXTRA_OECONF, why doesn't this work?

Ola x Nilsson ola.x.nilsson at axis.com
Mon Nov 20 03:34:43 PST 2017

This is not a typical use of variables in bitbake.  I'm not sure whether it is defined behavior or not, but I doubt you'll find many such examples in the yocto layers.

You can write

EXTRA_OECONF_remove = "--with-term=rxvt --with-name=rxvt"

in your bbappend file.

The problem with this style is that you can never add these options again using _append or any of the += operators.

--
Ola Nilsson