[yocto] webkitgtk2 progress bar

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed May 24 10:16:43 PDT 2017

> I have 22 cores here, and it is not a luxury, but an absolute necessity
to get anything done as far as oe-core maintenance goes. Webkit's
do_compile takes about half an hour - I can almost see that progress bar
move :)

Heh, you're lucky with "oe-core maintenance".

My "bitbake world" builds have few components like this, webkitgtk (used to
have webkit1, webkit2 and webkit2-efl as separate builds), 2 chromiums (x11
and wayland), cef (luckily broken and whitelisted for a while), firefox,
qtwebengine, qtwebkit. Each taking usually even more time than "simplest"
webkitgtk2.

Building world with just oe-core takes just hour(s), add few layers like me
and it's day(s).

So progress bars are nice, but I still hate looking at them.