[yocto] Raspberry pi build with QT5 creator...... failing to compile.

Steve Plant steove at hotmail.com
Sat May 13 05:47:20 PDT 2017

Hi Trevor,

Yes, you are correct, sorry if I had not made that clear. I’m currently cross compiling QT5 code on a windows machine running debian through VirtualBox which is then downloaded onto a Beaglebone Black embedded project. Although it works, its often prone to little idiosyncrasies which can take hours to figure out.

The idea is to compile the QT5 code on the raspberry pi and download straight to the target system, because both are ARM based is cuts out a lot of extra steps, hopefully making development smoother.

The idea of using the Yocto project is that I can custom build both platforms with pretty much an identical image (less GUI for the beaglebone)

That’s the plan...... could change at any time....