[yocto] Raspberry pi build with QT5 creator...... failing to compile.

Steve Plant steove at hotmail.com
Wed May 10 06:40:22 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm currently attempting to build a raspberry pi image, which I can use to develop QT5 code for a beaglebone black.

Everything is going well and I have got toaster successfully compiling a rpi-sdimg of "rpi-basic-image" which I have added "xserver-xorg xinit openbox packagegroup-lxde-extended qtbase" to the IMAGE_INSTALL_append line.

However as soon as I add "qt5-creator" to the IMAGE_INSTALL_append line and run "rpi-basic-image" again, I get the following error...  Failed tasks - qtwayland do_compile <http://localhost:8000/toastergui/build/48/task/113433> <http://localhost:8000/toastergui/build/48/artifact/tasklogfile/id/113433>

I'm not sure why it is trying to compile qtwayland, is there a way I can override this???

I have attached the relevant error file. I'm new to all this Yocto world, so please explain everything in simple terms if you can.

Thanks for any help.

Regards, Steve.