[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Stable branch plans

Paul Barker pbarker at toganlabs.com
Mon May 8 01:36:35 PDT 2017

On 3 May 2017 2:41 a.m., "Khem Raj" <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 4:19 AM, Paul Barker <pbarker at toganlabs.com> wrote:

> I'd like to propose the following for the pyro branch:
>
> * We should create the pyro branch within a week or two of the oe-core
> pyro release.

What do we get by branching early  ?

I'd like to be able to say to users that all layers should be on the same
branch, it's confusing if some need to be on pyro and others on master. It
also makes our release much easier as we can point our scripts at the pyro
branch early and not have to worry about future breakage.

I don't mind as much if pyro tracks master for the first few weeks until
things settle down, but I think it's really beneficial to have a pyro
branch in each layer from around the time of the oe-core release.