[yocto] Is CROPS the right option for Automotive Grade Linux SDK ?

Hofemeier, Ulf ulf.hofemeier at intel.com
Mon Mar 27 09:38:44 PDT 2017

Hi Sebastien,

You should be able to cross compile AGL applications using the Yocto project as is.

Please open: http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/sdk-manual/sdk-manual.html#the-cross-development-toolchain for more information.

Thanks.

Ulf Hofemeier

On 3/27/17, 3:00 AM, "yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org on behalf of Sebastien D" <yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org on behalf of sebastien at iot.bzh> wrote:

      Hi,

    I'm working on Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) project [1] that is based on
    Yocto and OpenEmbedded and I'm wondering if CROPS [2] is the right tool
    to cross-build an AGL application ?
    I'm looking for a framework which allows developers to easily
    cross-compile application whatever is the host architecture (Windows,
    Linux, Mac).

    So Crops project seems to match my needs but this project is no longer
    active. At least the communication mechanism seems to be superseded by
    an eclipse plugin [3] that communicates directly with the containers.
    But this solution (from my point of view) is too restrictive compared to
    the initial one.

    Any comments are appreciated.

    Regards,
    Sebastien.