[yocto] Is CROPS the right option for Automotive Grade Linux SDK ?

Sebastien D sebastien at iot.bzh
Mon Mar 27 03:00:11 PDT 2017

  Hi,

I'm working on Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) project [1] that is based on
Yocto and OpenEmbedded and I'm wondering if CROPS [2] is the right tool
to cross-build an AGL application ?
I'm looking for a framework which allows developers to easily
cross-compile application whatever is the host architecture (Windows,
Linux, Mac).

So Crops project seems to match my needs but this project is no longer
active. At least the communication mechanism seems to be superseded by
an eclipse plugin [3] that communicates directly with the containers.
But this solution (from my point of view) is too restrictive compared to
the initial one.

Any comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Sebastien.