[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW12’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Mar 20 07:44:32 PDT 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M4

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 10, 2017

*** FEATURE FREEZE for 2.3 is now in effect. ***

SWAT team rotation: Alejandro -> Jussi on Mar. 17, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Jussi-> Stephano on Mar. 24, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        We ended up merging the smart -> dnf transition for M3 as the build issues being encountered were finally resolved. There was a separate email about the pros/cons of merging this, we still believe that doing this now was better than waiting six months with the transition hanging over our users for that length of time.

·        M3 is now in QA and all new features have been merged into tree for 2.3. We have encountered some issues from the HOSTTOOLS change and ended up merging a fix to unblock certain QA tests which run in a firewalled  environment so the exact commit for M3-rc1 is now confused. So far there have been a number of issues identified and we believe we will make an rc2 build as soon as we’re confident we’ve identified all the key issues and merged fixes for them.

·        There are a number of ongoing intermittent autobuilder test failures, particularly in oe-selftest which we’ve not identified yet. These are looking likely from the partially unintended enabling of the sstate cache for the selftest runs. We did want to ultimately do this so are choosing to chase down the issues rather than disabling it again.

·        Since we’re into the stabilization phase of 2.3, planning for 2.4 will be beginning soon and we’re starting to plan out 2.4 in the bugzilla. If you have suggestions for 2.4, please ensure they are in bugzilla.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 15, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Release by May 26, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Cut off May 29, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Release by June 9, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017 (Will be a few weeks late.)

YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Release is May 5, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2751 (last week 2715)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com