[yocto] update mechanisms

Eystein Måløy Stenberg eystein at mender.io
Wed Mar 1 16:35:21 PST 2017

On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 10:45 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 10:01 +0100, Stefano Babic wrote:
> > Hi Patrick,
> >
> > On 30/11/2016 15:59, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > > I've started a Wiki page
> > > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/System_Update - rudimentary at the
> > > moment, but might as well be mentioned already now.
> >
> > I have seen Mariano added an entry for SWUpdate, too, thanks  - I would
> > like to edit for better explanation on some parts. Should I try to edit
> > directly the page or is it better to discuss it here ?
>
> Use your own judgment. If its uncontroversial, the feel free to edit the
> page directly, otherwise let's discuss it here.
>
> If feel that putting information directly into the table is too limiting
> (it should be brief), then feel free to start a complete section about
> SWUpdate.
>
> I'll do the same for swupd. Editing the sections should be possible
> without conflicts, we just have to be more careful about editing the
> table concurrently.

I updated the Mender part of the wiki now that the stable version Mender
1.0 is released. These changes should not be controversial, but let me
know if you disagree. We are planning to keep the Mender section
up-to-date as we release new versions, as I think this is what you expect.

Are there any plans for next steps or is the wiki the "final state" in
terms of integrating OTA updates in Yocto/OE?

--

Eystein