[yocto] samba create user with password

idealsim idealsim at laposte.net
Mon Jun 12 12:30:55 PDT 2017

Hi, i'm trying to configure a samba server from yocto for my card. I
have a working server (add samba in local.conf), but i would like to add
the user with password to samba at yocto build step. For this i add this
recipe (samba_%.bbappend)

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

# Replace default smb.conf file to /etc/samba with my custom
SRC_URI += "file://22-samba-conf.patch"

pkg_postinst_${PN} () {
     smbpasswd -a sambaUser -s
     echo Password
     echo Password
     echo
}

For that i use pkg_postinst () but i don't know if i use it correctly
(for the moment this won't work) ! At first boot time i need to execute
/#smbpasswd/ in shell to activate the user in Samba. If someone can help
to configure it in yocto recipe ?

regards

Mickael